Preserving the ecosystem and its unique bio-diversity is a key priority for BAT.
We are committed to continual improvement in all aspects of performance, efficient use of natural resources and aspires to zero harm to people and the environment.
Through implementation of our policy, BAT seeks to achieve the following principles.
- Compliance with applicable and relevant legal and other requirements;
- Prevent pollution;
- Practice and promote good corporate governance;
- Pursue the efficient use of energy and natural resources;
- Continuously improve environmental and social management and performance; and
- Minimise waste generation and optimise recycling opportunities.
BAT is committed to:
- Identify assess and manage risks associated with our operation to employees, contractors, the environment and communities.
- Set and achieve targets that include reducing and preventing pollution.
- Regularly set and review objectives and targets for improved environmental performance.
Collaborate with organisation which can provide technical expertise to ensure resources are equitably managed